New Yorkers Against Religion-Based Bigotry
Grand Conspiracy Ideology
To produce well-researched literature and web resources debunking grand conspiracy claims, including anti-Jewish conspiracy claims and "Illuminati" claims - which often vilify other religious minorities too. (See NYARBB position on "conspiracy theories" and NYARBB position against "Illuminati" claims.)
We aim also to encourage journalists and scholars to recognize the growing popularity of grand conspiracy ideology and to engage in serious debunking.
- The vilification of Jews and others, Thursday, April 8, 2010.
- The vilification of environmentalists, Thursday, April 29, 2010. (Follow-up to NYARBB's participation in Earth Day events.)
- Weekend of Saturday, September 11, 2010, and probably the week before: Various 9/11-related events, NOT sponsored by NYARBB, but we'll be distributing pamphlets/leaflets there. Please email Diane if you are interested in participating.
NYARBB also holds many other meetings dealing with other topics. For up-to-date listings, see our Meetup site.
- Various 9/11-related events, Thurs 9/10 to Sun 9/13, 2009. These events were NOT sponsored by NYARBB, but we distributed pamphlets/leaflets there.
Information and resources
- Pamphlets and leaflets, including our general introductory pamphlet, plus also:
- NYARBB literature against anti-Jewish conspiracy claims - No literature yet, but we plan eventually to produce quite a bit of literature plus a thorough online resource.
- NYARBB literature against "Illuminati" claims - a few pamphlets/leaflets, so far. There will eventually be more.
- Links to other sites - resources for debunking grand conspiracy claims. (We already have a substantial collection of links, but see the more resources needed section for what we still need.)
Relevant NYARBB task forces
Our most relevant current task forces are our Committee for Dialogue Amongst the Bugaboos of the Religious Right Wing and our Committee Against Satanic Panics. Another relevant current task force is our Committee for 9/11 Accountability, which has a secondary aim of counteracting "Illuminati" claims in the 9/11 Truth movement.